Elopement dresses are just as important as wedding dresses but there’s a few things you might want to consider when shopping for one. We’ve got all the information you need right here! Here are 10 tips for choosing an elopement dress to help you make one of the most difficult decisions of your life a bit easier!
But first let’s start with the basics!
The wedding industry is full of many traditions that are passed down from generation to generation. One tradition in particular, is the bridal gown. A bride’s dress signifies her marriage and what she stands for as a woman on this day. Elopement dresses are different because they have an entirely different meaning behind them- there’s no aisle walk or veil involved!
Elopement dresses lack all of these traditional elements, but their significance can’t be overlooked. They’re meant to symbolize the love shared between two people with only close family members present during the ceremony and luckily for you they come in a plethora of styles and fits but they all follow the same guidelines and I’m here to help you keep an eye out for those.
An elopement dress is a dress that usually has no sleeves. It’s perfect for the bride who wants to be comfortable on her big day, but still wants to look feminine and beautiful. Elopement dresses are usually knee-length or shorter, with an empire waistline or sweetheart neckline. They may also have spaghetti straps, cap sleeves, ruffles, lace trimming; you name it!
If you’re engaged and looking to elope for your wedding, you might not know where to start when it comes to planning the wedding. One of the most crucial decisions is what your dress will look like for this once-in-a-lifetime event. While we can’t tell you what style or type of dress would be best for you, we can provide a few tips on things to keep in mind when shopping around!
Do whatever feels right and makes sense for YOU! Don’t go outside of your comfort zone just because someone else likes that style; if it’s not something that really speaks to who you are then don’t choose it.
Make sure the fabric isn’t too heavy – remember how hot September can get! But also make sure it’s not too light as well- you don’t want to be blown away by a gust of wind or have your dress fly up in the middle of the ceremony. Think about the kinds of activities you’re going to be doing. Are you going to be able to hike in this dress? Are you rock-climbing on your wedding day? If so a mermaid style probably isn’t going to work. When you try them on, make sure you can move freely without too much weight or restriction.
Know what kind of look and feel YOU want for your wedding day! There are many options out there depending on your budget and personal style, which is why it’s so important to know what you want before even setting foot into a store. Eloping isn’t traditional so your dress doesn’t have to be either. You can wear ANYTHING you want. Whether it is black or red or even pants. It’s totally up to you.
Do you prefer minimalistic designs or more elaborate ones?
Are bright colors your thing or do classic whites better suit your tastes?
These are all things you need to consider when choosing an elopement dress!
Couples are always looking for inexpensive elopement dresses that they love. Here is some help on how to find one!
A lot of people say that the best way to find an affordable dress is by looking at consignment stores or vintage shops.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for there, then try asking your family or friends if they know anyone who has a dress available in their closet. A lot of people have dresses sitting around in their closets and don’t wear them anymore because they either got married and changed style or found someone else they wanted to be with. They might just want to get rid of it so it doesn’t take up space anymore! Do not hesitate when wearing this beautiful gown on your big day!
No luck with your local stores or even friends’ closets? Buying online is always a viable alternative.
We know finding the perfect dress is an important part of your wedding day. It’s not easy to find a store that has the right style, size and color for you. I have compiled a list of places where
you can buy elopement dresses online in 2021 that will make it easier for you to find just what you’re looking for!
What do brides wear when they elope? It may seem like the ultimate question, but it’s one that can be answered with a quick Google search. With so many beautiful wedding dress options out there, you’ll want to make sure your attire matches the style of your ceremony and location. If you’re looking for an elegant affair in a ballroom or church, then think about wearing something long with intricate details. For something more casual or outdoorsy consider picking up a flowy sundress or cocktail dress. Whatever you decide on will feel perfect as the day unfolds!
If you’re planning to elope, it’ll be important for your attire to fit the mood of an intimate ceremony. You can find dresses that are perfect for elopement ceremonies at online stores like The Wedding Shoppe and David’s Bridal. Consider shoes too! A comfortable pair will make sure you don’t have any blisters after your special day is over.
You can buy an elopement dress online or in stores. There are many options depending on your budget and style preferences.
The best way to find an affordable dress is by looking at consignment stores or vintage shops in the case of you being on a budget, with online affordable alternatives available in a myriad of stores carefully curated and listed above.
Feeling a little generous with your budget? I have also compiled a list of high-street options online if you want to spend big on a deserving big day.
You pick an elopement dress by looking for something that is elegant and beautiful but also comfortable! There are many different styles of dresses out there so narrowing down your search may be difficult. Luckily, I have some tips on how to find the perfect elopement gown.
1) Pick an elegant design – You’ll want something timeless, classic, yet still unique enough of your own personal style. If you have any pictures of dresses you love from magazines or online stores, make sure they are in your favorites folder for easy access!
2) Remember the location of the wedding – Do you need something warmer or cooler? Sleeves? These are all things to consider before looking for a dress. If you want something really unique, maybe avoid white and go for something with more color!
3) Figure out what style appeals most – do you want a ball gown or a more modest look? Are you looking for lace or silk? Make sure this decision is made before shopping so that you don’t waste time in stores with dresses that aren’t right for what you’re after.
4) Know your budget – no one wants to get into debt just because they wanted their wedding day to be perfect. It’s important to set a budget before browsing the shops! If you have something in mind, write down all of your options with prices that are reasonable for your wallet.
5) Think of what you’ll be doing on your elopement day. Can you hike in your dress? Can you move around freely? Is it too heavy?
6) Check out thrift stores! A great way to find a cool dress on a budget and better for the environment.
7) Check out stores that have white dresses even if aren’t labeled as a “wedding dress.”
8) Ask your friends or family if you can borrow theirs! This is a beautiful to honor your family or friend as well. Most people just hold on to their dress in their closet and never wear them again. Why not put it to use?
9) Shop Online at one of the stores listed above.
10) Check out your local bridal shop or other stores that might carry dresses in your style!
Elopement dresses are the perfect way to say “I do” without any fuss. Whether you’re looking for a simple dress or one with more detail, there’s an elopement dress out there just waiting for you!
Now that we’ve seen all of these beautiful designs and styles, it’s time to take your pick. Which style is calling your name? Which one of the best places to elope do you want to experience??
Inquire with me today and I will help you plan and prep for your dream elopement!
January 31, 2022